Sunday, July 16, 2006

We're safe

I'm sure that all of you are anxious about our saftey in Israel, but I just wanted to assure you that everyone appears to be safe at the Baha'i World Centre. This is Brian and I am actually in NYC for a weekend conference for work -- but I woke up at 3am on Sunday morning and saw on cnn that there was a missle that hit Haifa overnight. Sunday is a work day there so i tried to call Christine about an hour ago and although I was unable to speak with her, the person i spoke with told me that everyone is fine. Israel has a very good emergency preparedness system so everyone there will be able to take cover if needed. I feel very confident that she is ok but as soon as I speak with her in person, I'll post another message here.

By the way, I should mention that if you try to call Christine you will probably not have much success since the phone lines are pretty tied up -- but I will do everything I can to update this blog with new information as I get it and will be returning to Israel on Monday evening.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home